Unity of Fort Wayne Spiritual Center
Job Summary: To further Unity of Fort Wayne Spiritual Center’s mission of cultivating leadership and connection that supports spiritual awakening and transformation, the Communication Intern uses a variety of media venues to ensure that church members and the community are informed of Unity’s on-going programs and special events. The intern follows and evaluates the current communication methods. After observation and evaluation, the intern is expected to suggest new communication strategies for improvement. After approval from the Minister and Marketing Team, the intern may design, develop, and implement the new strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities: If the Communications Intern is not available to accomplish all these duties and responsibilities, Unity has volunteers and staff that can fill in. The exact duties can be negotiated.
- Ensures on-going programs and special events are posted on the monthly paper calendar and on the website calendar
- Given the information, develops a PowerPoint presentation for use during Sunday’s Hour of Connection.
- Photographs or video-tapes events and posts on the website.
- With direction from the Minister, updates Unity’s Facebook page
- Ensures that musical events are posted on Whatzup (Fort Wayne’s listing of musical events)
- Designs, develops, and produces bulletins for Sunday’s Hour of Connection
- Using MailChimp, sends out an eblast weekly that lists upcoming events
- Evaluate Unity’s communication methods and suggest changes for improvement or new strategies
- Create a training manual of methods used
Qualifications Helpful for the Job:
- Ability to work with people of all ages and backgrounds - to listen and ask questions, welcome feedback and ideas from others, listen and seek understanding
- Passion for communicating a clear message; skill with methods of communication – verbal, written, electronic
- Comfortable in the use of social media
- Interest in developing and sharing knowledge
- Comfortable presenting in front of groups
Accountability: The Communication Intern reports directly to Unity of Fort Wayne Spiritual Center’s minister and works closely with the Marketing Team
Credentials: Working towards or recent graduation of a College Level Communications Program; Recommendation from and instructor or administrator of the college