Unity Fort Wayne History

Unity of Fort Wayne Spiritual Center began as a result of a railroad attendant, William Sullivan, discovering the Daily Word magazine one day while passing through the mail car. 

In 1939, William and a small group of friends met in the Old Wayne Hotel, and held services under the name of Unity Church of Christ.

In 1964, the property at 3232 Crescent Avenue was purchased, and the first chapel was constructed.

By 1987 the congregation had grown, and a new sanctuary and fellowship hall were built.

In 2011, the church's name was changed from Unity Christ Church, to Unity of Fort Wayne Spiritual Center (UFWSC), part of a larger change throughout the Unity Worldwide community.  This update was made by many churches all over the country, to better reflect our focus on practical spirituality for empowered living.

The church continues to spread the same 'Unity' vision today that William Sullivan discovered back in the 1930s, and has been led by many spiritual teachers and Reverands throughout the years.

Recently in 2019, Unity Fort Wayne Spiritual Center renovated the main sanctuary space to better accommodate the current needs of the congregation.  This newly renovated space is used for Sunday services, classes and events.